On a hot summer day , the least you want to do is to be busy in the kitchen , turning on the stove or oven , and makes your house warm . Today , over here , is a hot day and it will be pretty hot throughout this week . So , i try to make something where it doesn’t require stove top or oven . So , slow cooker day it is !
This bbq pulled chicken is pretty easy to put together , you can either use chicken breast , boneless and skinless , or pork tenderloin . I think the chicken breast works great if you’re trying to get the lean meat . There is minimum of fat and there are loads of protein in one serving .
I had the intention to make sliders , using the hamburger buns recipe i have , so i weighed them about 48 grams , and i guess that was still a bit too big , because the sliders look more like a generic hamburger buns you get from the store LOL . I think next time , i will weigh it 35 grams , and it should be good size . You want to make it easy ? Just buy it from the store , or make it , whatever suits you . If you want to try making it yourself , just go check the hamburger buns recipe . Same exact recipe , just weigh it less than when you make hamburger buns .
- 900 grams chicken breast , boneless , skinless
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 – 6 oz can tomato paste ( dilute this with equal water , weigh the paste for sure add the same amount of water , add salt , pepper , garlic and onion powder , you just make tomato sauce , or just use 1-15 oz can tomato sauce )
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp chicken broth ( powder )
- Place the onion on the bottom of the slow cooker , place the chicken breast on top , sprinkle with the seasoning mix .
- Pour the tomato paste mix with chicken broth powder into the slow cooker .
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours , shred the chicken , let it cook for another hour .