…in slow cooker ! How about that ? Didn’t feel like cooking much or making too much mess , slow cooker sounds good , right ? Less dishes to do and we can just ignore it ! And important thing is , it’s healthy ! Very macro friendly , good amount of protein and nutritious from the beans and tomatoes , the corn , not so much , I like sweet corn , you can always skip if you don’t care .
My family really enjoys this soup , esp when the teenager himself had three cups of this soup , you know it’s good .
- 5 grams olive oil
- 200 grams onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 tsp better than bouillon chicken broth
- 3 cups of water
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tsp taco seasonings ( I put the ingredients on my last entry )
- 700 grams chicken breast boneless skinless
- 14 oz can black beans , rinsed n drained
- 1 cup sweet frozen corn
- 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Half a can of chipotle in adobo sauce
- On a small pot , heat the olive oil , sauteed the onion and garlic for few minutes . Add salt and pepper .
- Add the crushed tomatoes , water and better than chicken bouillon , chipotle .
- Bring to boil .
- Meanwhile place chicken breast in slow cooker , beans, corn and tomatoes .
- Pour the hot boiling broth into the slow cooker .
- Cook on low for 4 hours .
- Shred the chicken , put it back in the slow cooker . Cook extra hour .
- Serve with chopped green onion and cilantro .