If you’re just looking at this picture at a glance you wouldn’t think of it as a different kind pizza . It looks exactly the same of any of those thin crust pizza out there . The truth is ,the crust what makes this different . No , it doesn’t use cauliflower rice ( I’ve done it before ) It’s better than cauliflower since it uses meat as the crust !
This pizza actually is really good for weekday dinner . Great macros , super easy and not complicated at all . Of course if you’re looking for regular pizza with loads of carbs and fat , this might not be your choice as this isn’t your weekend pizza kinda treat.
But as you see it doesn’t look much different than thin crust pizza . The topping , it’s all up to you . I made it as simple n healthy as possible . Especially it’s just for weekday dinner anyway .
- 1 lb of extra lean ground turkey ( I used Aldi’s 99% fat free turkey )
- 1 egg
- 10 grams bread crumbs
- Salt , pepper , garlic n onion powder , pizza seasoning
- 1 can good pizza sauce ( Kroger Brand is okay , I added garlic , onion powder n pizza sauce )
- 56 grams mozzarella cheese ( or more )
- 12 slices of turkey pepperoni
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 of large yellow bell pepper
- 100 grams baby Bella mushroom
- In a bowl , mix the ground turkey with egg , bread crumbs , spices .
- Line a small cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper , spread the turkey , about 1/3 inch thick .
- Bake 400 F for 25 minutes .
- Take it out and let it cool for few minutes .
- While the turkey crust was baking , saute the topping ( minus the pepperoni n cheese of course ) , saute until it started to caramelized . Set aside until ready to be used .
- To assemble : spread some pizza sauce , topping and cheese . Broil for 4-5 minutes . Make sure you watch do it doesn’t burn .
- Serving 8 , macros 4C 3F 19P ( macros may vary depending toppings you use )