The past couple years i’ve made a lot of these little muffins , which is great for snack anytime of the day or when i had to drive my son half an hour away for school , an hour back and forth , i brought this in the car with me for a workout boost .
Basic recipe is similar to banana muffins , i added peanut butter powder in here , less egg and replaced part of it with liquid egg whites , to lower the fat . Still using old fashioned oats in the batter . Easy and quick , when you have those overripe bananas laying around on the kitchen counter , this is awesome for it .
- 300 grams over ripe bananas , yes with black spots all over , not just yellow but kinda mushy already
- 150 grams old fashioned oats
- 1 large egg
- 54 grams liquid egg whites
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 18 grams cocoa protein powder ( i used dymatize cocoa pebbles , if you use different ones , macros will be different too )
- 13 grams peanut butter powder
- almost 1/4 cup of coconut almond unsweetened milk ( or just unsweetened almond milk with work )
- 1 tbsp non fat greek yogurt
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F , line 12 muffin pans with liners or use parchment paper , cut 4×4
- Using food processor or nutri bullet , ground the old fashioned oats until it’s very fine , just like flour . Set aside
- In a large bowl , mash the bananas well , add the egg and egg whites , sugar , salt and greek yogurt . Whisk well until combined .
- Add the oat flour , baking powder , protein powder and peanut butter powder , whisk until all combined .
- Finally , add the milk . Whisk , pour batter evenly in muffin pans .
- Bake 15-17 minutes at 350 F .
- Macros per serving 16C 1.5F 4.5P , approx 92 calories