Tonight’s dinner I wanted something different . We’ve been cooking chicken breast daily , I started to get tired of it . So seafood mix was the one I’m thinking for our protein source . I usually do pasta with it but that too I’m not too hungry for .
So I was thinking butter and garlic would be simple yet delicious enough for this . And then instead of serving it with pasta , I chose to serve this with toasted bread . But plain toasted bread would be way too boring . And so why not making bruschetta ? It’s been years since I had them . Maybe 10 years or more !
But what to do , I don’t have french bread. And with quarantine life , I don’t want to just pick up and go to store to get french bread . It’s not like I have to get it . However , I have sourdough bread I made few days ago .
The frozen seafood bag actually I bought from Aldi . Low carb obviously , low fat as many as seafood is and high in protein . That’s why I bought it . I just used olive oil and butter and lots of minced garlic to cook it . The secret for this dish is not to overcook it . Overcooked seafood would be chewy and rubbery , not good at all .
It’s a quick dish to cook and I finish it up within few minutes on skillet before adding fresh lemon juice . I’d assume sprinkle of fresh parmesan would be yummy too .
- 1 bag of seafood mix
- Juice of half lemon
- About 1/8 cup of olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 dried cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and pepper
Heat up olive oil and butter on medium heat . Add garlic , salt , pepper and cayenne pepper . Cook few minutes until garlic start to smell really good but not brown .
Add the seafood ( strain n make sure the water is mostly gone ) . Add in the skillet , cook few minutes , keep stirring . Add fresh lemon juice . Salt n pepper .
- The bruschetta was easy . I just cut thick slices of the bread , brush with olive oil . Toast in oven for 400 F , 10 minutes , flip , brush with olive oil , toast another 7-8 minutes .
- Meanwhile , chop 2 tomatoes , add chopped onion , 2 tbsp olive oil , 1 tsp balsamic , and fresh basil if you have . Mix well . Let it sit few minutes
- Place tomatoes on top of the toasted bread . Done