This was an easy , quick and pretty much with ingredients you have in pantry . Who doesn’t like that ? Not much mess , yummy and quick .
Of course I used chicken breast , boneless and skinless , best way to hit protein , the carbs coming from all the veggies which is healthy and nutritious . Overall this dish is pretty healthy , and low fat .
The vegetables I used are onion , yellow and orange pepper and then and I threw in some cherry tomatoes . The spices obviously is up to you , you can even use taco seasonings from store . I had mixed taco seasoning myself and that’s what I used .
- 750 grams chicken breast , boneless , skinless , cubed
- 350 grams yellow orange or red pepper , cut in strips
- 200 grams onion , sliced thin
- About half a cup of cherry tomatoes , cut in half
- Salt , pepper
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 4-5 tbsp Taco seasonings ( listed below ) or just buy from store
- In a large bowl , add all ingredients , mix together until spices blended well .
- Place in heavy duty foil , this recipe makes 4
- Wrap the foil , pinch to close .
- Preheat oven 400 F ,bake 25 minutes . Let it sit for 10 minutes .
Taco seasoning rub :
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar