Do you know the simpler the food you prepare , the better and healthier they are for you ? The more complicated the ingredients , the more chances it has higher calories and probably not so macro friendly . I love simple food , easy and quick to fix . Great for busy nights . I used to love to prepare complicated food , well , i still do , once in a while , it’s fun . But quick and simple food is probably what we all want to do after a busy day . Especially when you need to cook every single day .
So this recipe below , is super easy and quick . Not that much mess to prep . Choose your vegetables , i love using color bell peppers , i would add baby bella mushrooms if i had them on hand , i was going to add diced tomatoes but i decided just the peppers and onion was probably enough .
I like playing around with spices , i am not so much into butter and oil . Oil is necessary for this anyway , although i don’t use a lot of them . Just need to use it to saute the vegetable . The protein choice i used was lean ground turkey 93/7 and since i had leftovers lean beef laying around , why not throw them in as well . You can turn this into a vegetarian dinner i suppose , i would say Tempe would be perfect for this , the tofu , probably will fall apart from stirring them around , unless you fry them first ( which beats the purpose of quick fix and healthy food lol ) , My choice if i had to make this vegetarian would be tempe . If you’re interested to make your own homemade tempe , here is the recipe . I refuse to buy store bought tempe anywhere here in the US . I grew up in the country where tempe and tofu was part of our main food , so , i know what good tempe was supposed to taste like . And the ones they sell at the store is just not good , and i rather skip than having to eat them .
- 16 oz lean ground turkey 93/7
- 200 grams lean ground beef 93/7
- 200 grams any color bell peppers , except green , roughly chopped ( about 2 small bell peppers )
- 212 grams onion , roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 50 grams jalapeno ( about 2 large ones )
- 25 grams green onions , roughly chopped
- 5 grams olive oil
- 1- 1 1/2 tbsp chipotle powder , add more if you think it’s lacking in flavor , a lot times i don’t measure spices , i eyeball as i add them .
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp better than beef bouillon
- In a large skillet , heat up olive oil . Add all vegetables in , saute until it’s about 4-5 minutes .
- Add the turkey and beef , along with all spices and better than beef bouillon .
- Keep cooking until the meat are no longer pink and done .
- Garnish with freshly chopped green onions .
- This makes about 1500 grams and serve 6 , about 176 grams per 1 serving , macros 7C 9F 22P . Macros are vary , depending on the ingredients you choose and the amount .