Today is friday and usually i get to choose to make something fun . Fun in this case is like comfort fun , fun to make and fun to eat it too . I get to cook and eat pretty healthy throughout the week , so usually the at end of the week , i get to make something , sort of like comfort food . And my pick today fell into peach crisps .
Had about 2 lbs of peach that i bought couple of weeks ago and i really wanted to make something with it , my choice was only either cobbler or crisps . They’re very similar , cobbler is more like a biscuit topping i would think , while the crisps is more crunchy topping . I decided to make peach crisps .
After looking through my dessert book collection , which mostly recipe for peach cobbler , i decided to kinda take the ideas and stick with making peach crisps . I added some spices into my fresh peach , and little brown sugar and almond extract . Oh , can you believe that i never thought of using vegetable peeler to peel those peaches until today ? I always used knife . It is much quicker and easier to use the peeler . And i also find out from youtube you can blanch it for 45 seconds in hot boiling water for the super ripe peaches and you can peel it off super easy .
- About 2 lbs of ripe peaches , peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 stick of cold unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar ( don’t pack this )
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- For the filling , mix the peaches with spices and 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar and almond extract
- Mix the topping , using pastry cutter , mix the brown sugar , all purpose flour , salt and cold butter ( diced ) well until all combined . Then add the cinnamon and oats .
- Sprinkle the topping on top of the filling .
- Bake at 350 F for about 35-40 minutes .