At the end of last winter , i made this croissant muffins . I guess it’s a trend in every bakery in the city . Although i have never heard about this before . I was obviously very bored and was looking for new things to try . So i arrived at Cruffins . I like croissant , who doesn’t ? And i don’t mind muffins either .. LOL . So it only makes a perfect sense that i gave this a try !
It is easy and not as complicated as old fashion croissant , that required so many folds . This one as long as you know how to make bread and can spread butter .. you’re good LOL . There is no folds involved .
- 300 grams all purpose flour
- 50 grams sugar
- 50 grams melted butter
- 6 grams yeast
- 140 grams luke warm water and 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- In a bowl, mix water and sugar and yeast , let it sit to proof , within 5 minutes it should be foamy .
- In a mixing bowl , sift the flour , sugar , add salt , butter and the yeast mixture .
- Using the dough hook , knead about 5-7 minutes until gluten is developed . Check window pane stage for doneness .
- Place in a greased bowl , proof for 75 minutes .
- This will not necessarily double in size but it grow just a little bit .
- When it’s ready , you’ll need about 1 stick of room temp unsalted butter to spread into the dough .
- Divide the dough into 6 balls , let it sit for 10 minutes .
- After 10 minutes , roll out the dough into long strip ,
- Spread the butter generously , roll them like rolling sushi .
- Lengthen the rolls , and place it on cookie sheet . Do the same for every single ball .
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes .
- Take it out , and cut in half , then roll into half bun . Place it into well buttered muffin pans . Proof for another 75 minutes .
- Bake at 400 F , for 10 minutes , then cover with foil , bake another 10 minutes . Open the oven door , let it sit in the oven still for 10 minutes . Take it out and let it cool .