Cornbread is always good to go along with bean soup . But even to eat it alone is good too . So easy and no mess , and quick . You can always use a square pan for this , but i thought it’d be easier to track the macros per piece by putting it in a muffin pan .
This cornbread batter makes about 12 muffins , and you can add any kind of topping you want or leaving it as a plain one too . I used jalapeno the other day , you can use corn too i suppose , this is not really moist cornbread , it’s drier and more crumbly suitable for dipping in soup .
This recipe below is super easy and no mess , no need to use mixer , just use large bowl and whisk and you’re ready to go .
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup finely chopped jalapeno ( about 3-4 large ones )
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1.5 tbsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 tbsp melted cooled unsalted butter
- In a large mixing bowl , add both flour , salt , sugar and baking powder , mix well until everything is evenly combined .
- Add melted butter , lightly beaten eggs , and milk into the mixture . Whisk until just combined . Add in the jalapeno , mix .
- Use square pan , or muffin pans . Bake at 425 F , about 15 minutes .