Years ago when I used to cook a lot of comfort food , this was our go to . Easy , straight forward and quick , delicious dish.
I actually forgot about this , until few weeks ago my son mentioned about it . So it’s been couple times in the past two that I made this yummy dish for our dinner .
Recipe was actually from Jamie oliver cookbook , back when I used to buy a lot of cookbook , I have about 7 books just from Jamie Oliver 🤣 really like his recipes .
The recipe below is not the way he did it but I did a little adjustment here n there .
- 1 lb of sweet Italian sausage ( choose a good one )
- 1 lb of rotini pasta
- 2 tsp heaping of fennel seed
- 2 dried cayenne peppers
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Bunch of baby spinach
- Bring a pot of water to boil , cook pasta to Al dente about 7 to 8 minutes .
- Grind up fennel seed and cayenne pepper , I used my magic bullet
- In a skillet , brown the sausage about 5 minutes . Add the fennel n cayenne mix . Keep cooking until sausage is almost crispy . Add oregano . Salt n pepper .
- Add the pasta into sausage in skillet . Add spinach . Mix well .