When you’re hungry for fried chicken yet you can’t get out , and not willing to make a huge mess with deep frying , this is a good option to satisfy that hunger .
I don’t do deep frying on a lot of things . First , because it’s a messy business . Second , it uses a lot of oil and to me that’s a lot of oil to be wasted . And third it’s because it’s too fattening . Maybe the third reason should be the first ..lol whatever ..
Oven fried chicken I easy and quick to make . I usually use the other recipe using cornflakes n baked it ..it was good too . But this takes it to another level , you would think this was actually deep fried . And I use a lot of spices in my flour mix too. So I think this has more flavor .
- 6 pieces of chicken thighs or whatever cut you like . We love dark meat for this
- 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil .
- Heat oven to 425 F , i used the convection roast , it should work ok if you don’t have convection oven .
- Place butter on your cookie sheet , place in oven to melt . About a minute or two minutes .
- Meanwhile shake the chicken with spices n flour in large Ziploc bag . Shake well.
- Once the butter melted make sure it goes all over the cookie sheet . Place chicken skin side down , bake for 30 minutes . Flip the chicken , and bake for another 25 minutes .
- This chicken thighs has about 500 calories per piece , 4C , 32F , 36P