I don’t know about you but i love peanut butter ! I can eat peanut butter and banana sandwich every single day . That’s like a treat to me !
On this rainy afternoon , i wanted to make peanut butter cookies , but it is only Tuesday . I can’t bake treats already ! So , i decided to experiment with a different kind of peanut butter cookies . Not sure ? trust me .. you wouldn’t regret this ! Yes it is healthier option of peanut butter cookies , but really .. it’s good !
If you searched online , what can you replace peanut butter with , you’d be surprised with the answer , it said that Tahini , can replace peanut butter . Tahini is made from sesame seed , and it is a paste that we use to make Hummus . I like sesame seed , back when i was growing up in Asia , we do have a lot of sweet treats that has sesame seeds flavor . So i decided to try this , instead of making the traditional peanut butter cookies , i used Tahini to replace it . There is nothing wrong with peanut butter , i love it , i just want healthier version of cookies where i can eat 2 or 3 pieces at a time . With peanut butter , i don’t think you can do that , well you can , but i don’t think you should LOL
- 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- dark chocolate chip ( optional )
- In a medium mixing bowl , add the dry ingredients together , almond flour , oats , salt , baking powder and sugar . Mix well .
- Add the tahini paste , egg and vanilla extract . Mix well , at this point it’s going to look very wet , add just few sprinkles of all purpose flour just to get it hold its shape . Probably about 1 tbsp of all purpose flour
- Add chocolate chip if you’d like .
- Drop about 1 tbsp on a cookie sheet , lined with parchment paper . I had about 13 cookies . Bake at 350 F , for total 15-17 minutes , rotate half way if it needs to .
- Macros per serving 11 C , 7 F , 3 P , about 111 calories per cookie