My previous entry was about ‘ not your regular peanut butter cookie ” . In my attempt to make peanut butter cookie slightly healthier so that we all can be happy and able eat 2-3 cookies at once , i replaced peanut butter with tahini . Tahini is sesame paste , it comes in a jar , the regular grocery store probably carry it these days , long ago I had to get it from middle eastern grocery store . But i saw it at Kroger not too long ago . I use this usually to make hummus .
So today i wanted to make something with more chocolate flavor , but i wasn’t willing to put too much chocolate chip to make a batch of cookie . I ended up using tahini paste with dutch processed cocoa powder . I really like the flavor of this cookie , it is very nutty and chocolatey sweet treats .
It didn’t take too much mess to make and it didn’t take that long either , as soon as these cookies were done , i took it to upstairs , my husband’s office , since he’s been working from home since quarantine started , he said i probably shouldn’t make this too often because he’d be finishing the whole batch himself LOL ..
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar , don’t pack them
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp dutch processed cocoa powder ( i used Hershey’s )
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 80 grams tahini paste
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- splash of almond milk ( if necessary , if batter is too dry )
- 4 tbsp of mini dark chocolate chip ( or chopped them up )
- In a medium mixing bowl , add all the dry ingredients and whisk . Flour , almond flour , brown sugar , old fashioned oats , baking powder salt and cocoa powder , mix well with wooden spoon is fine .
- In a small bowl beat egg , add vanilla and tahini paste . Mix well .
- Then add the egg , vanilla extract and tahini paste mixture into dry ingredients , continue stirring it with spoon or whisk until it’s all combined . Add in the chocolate and mix well .
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper , drop per 1 tbsp exactly on the parchment paper lined sheet .
- This will make about 16 cookies . You can add 1 piece of chocolate chip on each cookie , sprinkle with sesame seed and flatten it up with fork lightly .
- Bake at 375 F , for about 14 minutes , rotate half way through
- Cool on baking rack