I didn’t used to be a fan of chicken breast . I think it all changed three years ago , I made the switch from thighs to breast ..😂 I still love the flavor of thighs tho but after weighing which gives me the most benefit , I opt for chicken breast .
Why ? Because they’re lean meat , hardly any fat , and high in protein . Thigh is also high in protein but because they’re dark meat , they contains higher fat , a lot higher than the white meat . And I absolutely love the skin .. so not a good idea for me .
But with lean meat you’ll have to be careful in cooking them otherwise you’ll easily end up with dry chicken which you’ll hate so much . If you know how to cook it right , you’ll have a moist n juicy meat . That’s why meat thermometer is essential with cooking chicken breast because you don’t want to overcook it , as well as you don’t want undercook it . When I roast chicken breast I set my thermometer to 163 F , it’ll look still after you take it out . 165 F is the goal .
But this recipe is basically braising chicken , so even without thermometer wouldn’t be a problem if you don’t have any , it’s not as big of a deal as if you’d roast it . This recipe is so easy !! And will give you best combination of flavor . My favorite is to serve this on top of rice with vegetables of your choice . Anything greens would be perfect , spinach , green beans or broccoli or asparagus .
- 1 kg of chicken breast , boneless skinless
- 40 grams of all purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 6 g olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp ground yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Several dash of Tabasco sauce
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 100 grams onion , sliced
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- Cut chicken into 10 equal pieces
- Salt n pepper chicken generously
- Dredge chicken on flour . Brown on skillet with oil . 3 minutes on each side
- Set aside
- Add in onion and garlic , saute for a minute .
- Add in tomatoes , 1/2 cup of water and the rest of ingredients . Bring to boil .
- Place chicken back into skillet , turn to low heat . Simmer 12-15 minutes until chicken is done .
10 serving , macros per serving approx 9C 3F 23P