This social distancing thing makes it so hard to be on track with macros . With my love for cooking and baking , it gets harder and harder to stick with the plan . I haven’t had to do mealplan for a while now because my husband gets to come home for lunch and now he’s working from home ( which I’m thankful for !!! )
This past week I baked too much , which means we’ve been eating them too . There’s no food left behind in this household is taking full effect right now . Which means , leftovers get to be eaten unless they’re bad .. then we trash it . 😅
So I’m trying to get back on track . Eating the right amount , and eating healthier food , so that all the workout I’m doing will not go to waste . I still have to fuel my body for a good workout but I need to eat the right food and the right amount .
Enter overnight oats .. this usually gets eaten after workout for me . Or as snack or breakfast , heck you can even eat it in the middle of the night and nobody cares . Oats are good for you . I add whey protein in vanilla and also use peanut butter powder . If you’re not a fan of any of those , feel free to omit , but really , it tastes really yummy !
I also use unsweetened almond milk , feel free to use any kind of milk you have on hand . Coconut milk ? Sure .. skim milk ? Absolutely .. just don’t use water …😂 You can eat this chilled or warmed up too . I’d assume you can add fruits if you eat it cold .
- 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp peanut butter powder
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla whey protein
- 1 tsp chia seed
- Almost 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 grams of honey
- Place all dry ingredients in small container , I like to use glass container . Mix all dry ingredients together .
- Add milk into the bowl , stir well . Don’t add honey.
- Refrigerate overnight , sometimes I make it early in the morning n ready to be eaten by afternoon too . It’ll last for 4 days in the fridge .
- i usually add honey right before I eat it . I like my oats warmed up . You can eat it cold too . If you choose to warm it up , add just a little bit more milk . Microwave for 90 seconds . Add honey , and serve.
Macros for this approx 140 calories
19C 4F 9P
Of course macros change as you replace or add ingredients .