I have been wanting to try this chicken saltimbocca for quite some time , but i kept postponing it because i thought it’d be too hard to roll a thin chicken breast into a jelly roll style , i would think it’d be easily crumbled and stuff . Well , it’s actually not as hard as i thought , but a little messy though .. my stove was pretty messy from the grease splattered here and there . The result was really worth it . While i was cooking this , my 7 years old son , asked me ” Mom , what are you cooking ? ” I answered ” Chicken Saltimbocca ” Mind you this was my very first time making chicken saltimbocca .. and then this is his answer .. ” Hmm .. that sounds good “ I just had to laugh .. it’s something that none of us ever had before and it was my first time trying it .. yet he can say .. sounds good LOL .. my silly boy ..
You need :
About 6-7 slices chicken breast that has been pounded very thin
1 package of frozen spinach, thaw , and squeeze the water out , then mix with 2 tbsp oil and little salt
prosciutto or bacon or pepperoni
salt and pepper
1/2 c. of white wine
2 cups of chicken broths
1. Lay the chicken breasts on the working area , sprinkle with salt and pepper .
2. Place 1 slice of either bacon / pepperoni or prosciutto on top of the chicken breasts , and topped with spinach all over , and then roll it up , jelly roll style and secure with toothpick . Do the same with the rest .
3. Heat up olive oil on a skillet , medium heat , place chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side , then remove from the skillet .
4. Into the skillet , add 1/2 cup of white wine and scrape off the brown bits and then bring to boil til the wine reduced half , add the chicken broth , and bring to boil , return the chicken into the skillet , simmer , cover for 15 minutes .
5. Thicken the sauce with mix of cornstarch and water . Serve .