I was actually trying to bake another lemon yogurt cake when I realized that I don’t have anymore of vanilla Greek yogurt . Not like I needed another loaf but I needed the picture … Yeah like that was enough reason to actually turn the oven , make a mess and more dishes 🤦♀️ LOL
But anyway I’m glad I did though , my husband and our son think this was much better than the one loaf i baked yesterday . So I’m going to share this super easy , no special equipment needed cake . All you need is just a mixing bowl , a whisk and a spatula . This could be a bit healthier choice too , depending on what you want to put in . Feel free to replace the one or two ingredients but I can’t guarantee the result would be the same. For example you can replace the sugar with honey , the oil with coconut oil , or even go with fat free plain greek yogurt , but i am sure you might need to alter the sugar / honey . Oh also you might be able to replace it with stevia . I don’t really like using artificial sweetener though .
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ( 150 g ) container strawberry banana light n fit Greek yogurt or if you only have vanilla , you can use it too
- Almost 3/4 cup of sugar
- 25 ml fresh lemon juice ( half lemon )
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a mixing bowl , whisk eggs , sugar and yogurt . Keep whisking until well combined .
- Add in lemon juice . Whisk until combined .
- Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients . Mix well
- Fold in the oil using spatula to mix the mixture
- Pour batter into greased n parchment paper lined loaf pan , 5X8
- Bake at 350 F about 40 minutes . Check to see doneness , insert toothpick , should come out clean .