This is something that i tried , i went browsing not too long ago and found this marsala recipe . The chicken marsala that i usually cook is awesome , and i love the taste . But i thought i should give this one a try since it was a recipe from a real italian chef , Giada de Laurentiis . So i figured it should be good ..
Well .. i can’t say that it’s bad either , but this one though was def. richer than the regular chicken marsala i cook . I personally love the regular one , without the cheese . But anyway , i am going to post the recipe here ..
You need :
2 lbs of chicken thighs , boneless
salt and pepper
1 large onion , chopped
5 cloves of garlic , minced
1 lb of mushroom , sliced
1 cup of marsala wine
2 tbsp. of dijon mustard
1 cup of marscapone cheese
1. Salt and pepper the chicken , and cook until brown on both side , about 4 minutes on each side . Set aside .
2. In the same skillet , cook the chopped onion for 2 minutes , add garlic and mushroom , cook about 12 minutes until juices evaporated .
3. Add marsala wine , and cook until it reduced in half about 5 minutes . Then add dijon and mascarpone .
4. Return the chicken into the skillet , and simmer for 10 minutes . Salt to your preference .
5. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley .