Some nights , i’d like to cook something that is easy and healthy still . Well .. most of the nights i actually would prefer to cook something easy and quick anyway . Less dishes to do , and ready within 30 minutes or so . You know how good chili usually takes hours for the flavor to blend in . People would say you cannot make a good bowl of chili if you don’t let the flavor blends in . Well .. in my opinion , this quick and easy beef chili , doesn’t need hours for the flavor to blend in . Better yet , it is healthier .. it’s really not your regular chili that is only full of meat , tomatoes and beans .
It doesn’t take long to cook either , it takes so quick to prep , and you can serve it as is with just crackers , or add tater tots , or make chili dogs , whatever suits your taste . This beef chili , as long as you use extra lean ground beef , or extra lean ground turkey , it should be pretty healthy . The extra carbs would be coming from all the vegetables and beans , which is also healthy !
- 1 lb extra lean ground sirloin 93/7
- 1 can diced tomatoes ( if you have fire roasted diced tomatoes , it’s even better )
- 1 can chili beans ( i used bush’s beans , spicy )
- 2 cayenne pepper ( or jalapeno of course , we like ours spicy with a kick ! )
- 145 grams chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic , minced
- 145 grams diced sweet potato ( peeled )
- 1.5 tablespoon chili powder ( i used mix between ancho chili powder and regular chili powder , if you only have regular , that is perfectly fine as well )
- 1 tsp cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper for taste
- 1 tsp of better than beef bouillon
- chopped cilantro
- half a can of water
- In a skillet , heat up about 5 grams of olive oil . Add onion, garlic , pepper , bell pepper , sweet potato . Add salt and pepper . Saute for a few minutes .
- Add the ground beef , add the spices . Brown the beef , and then add canned chili , and tomatoes , along with the beef broth ( cube ) , add water .
- Stir to mix , bring to boil , bring down to low heat , keep cooking , taste , adjust the seasoning if it needs to . Simmer for 10 minutes or so .
- Serving 5 , macros per serving 28C 9F 30P