Our family likes to cook something pretty easy during the weekend , occasionally , we like to make something complicated , just because everyone can pitch in and help . But not today , we chose to cook something simple , easy and quick . So we landed our choice to broiled catfish . Seafood is so cheap over here , and it’s kinda nice to be able to eat more seafood !!
This broiled catfish doesn’t take long to prepare , doesn’t take long to cook either . I partly broiled the catfish then baked it . It was pretty yummy , my 7 years old demands me to cook this more often ! LOL I served this with steamed potatoes , and collard greens .
4 – 6 oz. catfish
4 garlic cloves , minced
4 tbsp. of olive oil , plus few more for later on
bread crumbs , from 2 slices of bread
1 fresh lemon
essence of emeril
1. Line the cookie sheet with aluminium foil , rub the fish with essence of emeril and sprinkle with salt and pepper .
2. In a small bowl , mix the olive oil , with thyme , and garlic . Then dab the fish with the garlic oil mixture , make sure you dab it evenly all over the fish .
3. Sprinkle with some fresh lemon juice .
4. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs , ( 2 slices of bread in food processor , pulse until it’s crumbly ) . Then sprinkle with little olive oil .
5. Broil for 5 minutes , if it get burn quick , turn off the broiler , and turn the oven to 350 F , bake for 15 minutes .