- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 to 15 small potato rolls, split in 1/2
- Mustard sauce, recipe follows
Preheat a flat top grill pan to high heat.
Add sliced onion to grill pan and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, mix ground beef, onion powder, salt and freshly ground pepper. Make burgers equal in size, about 2-inches across.
Cook burgers on the flat top for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve on split rolls with grilled onions and mustard sauce.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl